Choose to celebrate yourself, this amazing planet and the wonderful practice of Yoga. Don’t miss this opportunity to journey to one of the most amazing places on the planet and enjoy a week of inspiring Yoga and meditation practice with a group of great people.
Join us!! July 7th – 14th, 2017
Your body and spirit will be nourished in a peaceful and caring environment while you practice the yoga life… Leave the world behind for 8 glorious days!
2 Yoga classes will be offered (all optional)… Morning Gentle and Evening Gentle with Mindfulness Meditation and Yoga Nidra.
For this Yoga Adventure I have discovered a very special place:
Villa Sumaya on the shores of picturesque Lake Atitlán
Our first night will be spent in Mesón Panza Verde, a stunning boutique hotel in Antigua Guatemala, (Antigua is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.) Or an equality beautiful hotel next door if this one is filled.
Both these destinations…
- Are above 5,000 feet surrounded by volcanos and mountains (no mosquitoes)
- Are ultimate destinations for rest, reflection, health, and natural beauty
- Feature organic gourmet meals
- Offer authentic connections with indigenous Mayan people and local village
- Provide numerous activities to choose from
- Include therapeutic healing arts
- Foster simple relaxation
Villa Sumaya for 6 glorious nights… leaving 14th July
Villa Sumaya was designed to be a world-class retreat spa center. You will be awed by its beauty.
This exotic paradise in the heart of the Guatemalan highlands is situated on the shores of the beautiful and sacred Lake Atitlán
This elegant yoga retreat, surrounded by lush tropical flora, offers magnificent lake views and features a healing spa and pool and healthy, organic, gourmet cuisine made with fresh, locally grown ingredients. (And, by the way, you can buy the Villa Sumaya cookbook.)
The near-by volcanoes, sacred ground, and colorful historic Mayan villages create a fascinating experience not found anywhere else. Truly food for the soul
Yoga aside, come by yourself or come as a couple, this is an ideal place to be with compatible friends and to be at peace. But deepen your yoga at the same time!
When you return home you will feel more centered, more balanced and be revitalized and refreshed.
I will teach a Yoga class each morning and evening. The evening class will also include Yoga Nidra. There is no requirement for you to attend any of these.
In addition, enjoy the magic of each day with optional activities. Choose from:
Boat rides around Lake Atitlan
Hikes to caves still used by Shaman healers
Hiking the San Pedro Volcano
Climbing El Pico del Cielo
Guided village tours
Healing arts including a wide variety of massage, (encouraged for deep restoration and healing.
Meson Panza Verde (our 1st night. . . 7th)
Antigua Guatemala was the cultural, economic, religious, political and educational center for the entire region until the capital was moved in 1773. The pattern of straight lines established by the grid of north-south and east-west streets and inspired by the Italian Renaissance is one of the best examples in Latin American town planning
Antigua Guatemala contains living traces of Spanish culture with its principal monuments, built in the Baroque style of the 18th century preserved today as ruins. The city’s Baroque-style monumental buildings and ruins have survived along with cobblestone streets, plazas with fountains, and domestic architecture. .Antigua has some magnificent examples of colonial Barroco antigueño architecture in the Americas.
In Antigua, you will stay in Meson Panza, a boutique hotel established in 1986 as the first Luxury Boutique Hotel and Restaurant (European style) in Antigua. offering unique rooms and exceptional cuisine. Meson Panza Verde has been selected as a Fodor´s Choice Establishment. The restaurant has received many awards.
If Meson Panza fills we will use another similar luxury boutique hotel nearby.
A guest review of Mesón Panza Verde:
“One of the most tasteful and beautiful hotels I’ve ever stayed in….absolutely loved it. Gorgeous rooms…fantastic Feng Shui….wonderfully romantic restaurant….gorgeous rooftop terraces. I can’t wait to go back! Had a great massage there too! ”
This exclusive Yoga Adventure includes:
- Private Transportation from airport to Hotel for the first night
- Luxury Accommodations at Meson Panza Verde (or nearby if this fills. First come first served. With breakfast
- Private Transfer from Antigua to Lake Atitlan to connect with the boat.
- Boat transfer to Villa Sumaya
- Accommodations of your choice at Villa Sumaya (book early to get your choice)
- Three quality delicious meals each day at the Villa Sumaya. (Including welcome dinner first evening and farewell breakfast on last day). Unlimited tea/coffee/water
- 2 Daily Yoga sessions for all levels, (Completely optional)
- A variety of Meditation, Yoga Nidra, Pranayama, and Stress Reduction Techniques
- Private Transfer from Villa Sumaya to airport
Click here for Costs
Space is limited!
$500 deposit will hold a spot for you. This will be deducted from your total cost and Is not refundable (insurance recommended).